Thursday, July 5, 2007

June Gloom

    That's what we call the marine cloud layer that keeps the days cool in early summer. It comes in overnight and hangs around until early to mid morning.
    It's been missing lately. No clouds and an offshore air flow makes for very hot days. Combine that with my missing shade trees and the afternoons have been brutal. Look at the later afternoon temps I captured. The bottom is the outside sensor which is in the shade on the cool side of the building. Above it is the inside temp - my AC must be broken.
   When I woke up this morning, I immediately noticed something had changed. It was a little warmer; only a degree or two, but it was noticeable. I headed for the door and looked to the west. No blue sky.

   I stepped out and looked to the east. The layer extends well inland.
  We'll have to see what the thermometer does today.

Tom

No comments: