Monday, June 18, 2007

End Of Shade / Tree Day 2

    The trees are gone and while it will reduce the root problem it causes a new one - I now have no afternoon shade. Three trees were removed from the west side of my apartment and helped keep things reasonable under the blazing summer afternoon sun. This will leave the sun beating right on the corner where I sit at my computer. I've got to get out of here.

    I was left with this stump out front. This was about the biggest tree/stump in the complex and I think it was the reason my apartment creaked so much, especially in that corner.

    The stump grinder was called in to finish the job. I could feel the vibration in the floor as the slab is right on that big root.

    Chipper works to get the final pieces of root. Plenty of mulch for everyone.




    Now there's nothing. I don't know why, but when I walk out my door I check to see if I have any clothes on.

No comments: